You’ll love this book
Learn 5 Key Elements of Career Marketing
Communicating your worth so that the money you are offered mirrors your experience and drive Proving your talents through achievements-based, action-focused content. Getting decision-makers excited so they can't wait to call you. Encapsulating your vast experience in just a few pages. Positioning you as the best candidate for your dream job.
Take a Serious Look
Learn Something New
About the Book
Then it is time to turn to Gayle Howard: award-winning Master Resume Writer and Certified Personal Branding Strategist, with resumes featured in more than 25 international career books. Powerful, insightful and containing that “wow” factor, Gayle’s resumes have helped thousands to secure interviews, and now, through her book, PS…You Need a Resume, Gayle shares the secrets of her trade.
Trigger words that elicit that “must have” response in recruiters
How to create a 7-step action plan
Ways to use a simple mindset that will turn a dull set of job tasks into strong achievements
65 pages of real-life resume examples from executive to hospitality, graduates, administration, engineering, IT, and more to guide and inspire you.
PS…You Need a Resume! outlines step-by-step, the most effective resume-writing strategies Gayle has developed as a professional resume writer.
No wading through the history of resume-writing through the ages or lectures on formats. Just an easy-to-follow, 7-Step Plan.
PS…You Need a Resume! is about how to write and present a resume that will increase your chances for interview.
People Rave About The Book!
I would count this amongst the texts that any resume writer should own!
Gayle, your book is amazing! You’re so clever and the information is excellent!
Gayle, Your book is wonderful! I think this is a really valuable tool; it’s easy and fun to read, and it’s loaded with deadly accurate information!
I downloaded your resume e-book so I could speak intelligently about it when recommending it as a resource to candidates for CDI’s resume certification program. It’s really a fantastic tool and I will be singing its praises to candidates for a long time to come!
About Gayle Howard
Meet Gayle Howard. Multi-award-winning resume writer and founder of the Top Margin Career Marketing Group; services that have transformed the careers of thousands of senior executives, consultants, technology leaders, project managers and ‘solopreneurs’ worldwide for almost two decades.
As a multi-award-winning résumé writer, published author and Certified Personal Branding Strategist, Gayle has devoted two decades to setting resume writing trends that have made hiring authorities sit up and take notice. An industry pioneer, Gayle was the first double-Certified Master Resume Writer in Australia—elite credentials still held by only a few worldwide. Published in more than twenty-five international career books, recipient of more than two-dozen TORI awards from 54 nominations, and a specialist in creating unbeatable value propositions for senior executives, Gayle’s writing is bold, authentic and triggers that must-have response in recruiters and employers.
Every resume and service bears Gayle’s distinctive stamp of creativity, cutting-edge ideas and honest communications and she brings them all to her book, PS… You Need a Resume which explodes the myths surrounding resume writing.
A passionate scribe who loves words, Gayle is devoted to using rich nuances of language to inspire people to act. She’s also renowned for her laughter and wry observations – not to mention her almost evangelical obsession with her IMac!
- Certified Executive Resume Master (CERM), Career Directors International
- Certified Master Resume Writer (CMRW), Career Directors International
- Master Resume Writer (MRW) (lapsed) Career Thought Leaders Consortium
- Certified Personal Brand Strategist, Reach Communications
- Certified Job Loss Recovery Coach, Discover Dynamics
- Master Career Director (MCD) examined by Career Directors International
- Credentialed Career Manager (CCM) (lapsed) examined by Career Thought Leaders Consortium
- Certified Online Networking Professional (Linkedin), The Academies
- Certified IT Resume Specialist (CRS+IT) examined by Career Directors International
- Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) (2000-2008) examined by the Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches
- Certified Web Portfolio Practitioner (CWPP) examined by Career Directors International
- Certified Master Resume Specialist (CMRS) examined by the Association of Online Resume and Career Professionals
- Certified Advanced Resume Writer (CARW), examined by Career Directors International
- Human Resource Concepts Certificate, Brainbench
- Behavioral Interviewing Certificate, Brainbench
- 360 Reach Certified Analyst, Reach Communications
- Certified Tough Transitions Coach, The Academies
- Best Resume 2000, Best Resume Content, Best Resume Format, Best Chronological Resume, Annual Resume Writing Awards 2000, Career Directors International
- Best New Graduate Resume, Best Re-Entry into the Workforce Resume, Best International Resume 2002 TORI Awards (Toast of the Resume Industry) Career Directors International
- Best Military Conversion Resume, Best Executive Resume, Best New Graduate Resume and Best International Resume, 2003 TORI Awards
- Winner, 2003 Australian Achiever Award for “Excellence in Customer Service”
- Highly Recommended Certificate, 2004 Australian Achiever Awards for “Excellence in Customer Service”.
- Best Executive Resume, Best Professional Resume, and Best New Graduate Resume, 2004 TORI Awards.
- Best International Resume, Best New Graduate Resume, 2005 TORI Awards.
- Nominee 2007 TORI Awards. 6 Nominations from 8 Categories: Best Executive Resume, Best International Resume, Best Professional Resume, Best New Graduate Resume, Best Career Re-entry Resume, Best Creative Resume.
- Best Career Re-Entry Resume, 2007 TORI Awards
- Winner, Master Resume Writer Lifetime Achievement Award, bestowed by Career Directors International 2007
- Best Career Re-Entry Resume (2nd Place), Best Technical Resume (3rd Place), 2008 TORI Awards, Career Directors International
- Winner, Master Career Director Lifetime Achievement Award, bestowed by Career Directors International 2008
- Nominee, four TORI Awards 2009. Best Executive Resume, Best Graduate Resume, Best Technical Resume, Best Creative Resume
- Third Place Winner, 2009 TORI Awards: Best New Graduate Resume and Best Creative Resume
- Winner, President’s Choice Award for Career Excellence, TORI Awards 2010
- Nominee, two TORI Awards 2011. Best Sales and Marketing Resume and Best Cover Letter.
- Second Prize, Best Cover Letter; Third Prize Best Sales and Marketing Resume, 2011 TORI Awards, Career Directors International
- Nominee, Best Cover Letter and Best International Resume, 2012 TORI Awards, Career Directors International
- Third Place Winner, Best International Resume, 2012 TORI Awards, Career Directors International
- Three-time TORI Nominee for 2013: Nominated for Best Creative Resume, Best Re-Entry to the Workforce Resume and Best Sales Resume
- Second Prize, Best Re-Entry Resume 2013
- Three-time Nominee 2015 TORI Awards: Best Executive Resume, Best Accounting/Finance Resume and Best Graduate Resume
- Winner, 2015 TORI Awards: Best Graduate Resume and second prize Best Accounting/Finance Resume
- Author, A Satisfying Career: Starting and Running Your Own Resume Writing Practice (2010)
- Author, PS…You Need a Resume!
- Author, PS…You’re a Resume Expert
- Author, E-Course: PS…You’re a Resume Expert: Resume Mastery for Professional Resume Writers (2007)
- Featured resume author in 22 major international career books.
- Contributing Author, Certified Advanced Resume Writer (CARW) Certification Guide (2007)
- Contributing Author, Resumes featured in Resumes for Dummies 7th Edition. (201)
- December 2016: Listed in the Top Job Search Articles for 2016 from JobMob.
- November 2016: Acknowledged as one of the Top 27 Resume Writers of 2016 by Careertoolkit.
- Spring 2016 Volume 27 Issue 3: Featured in Australian Career Practitioner—the national magazine of the Career Development Association of Australia, in “Top Ten Tips for Creating a Winning Resume”
- September 2016: Quoted in 5 Tips to get Your LinkedIn profile job-search ready by Michael Page recruiting
- December 2015: Included in YouTern’s Top 50 Twitter Accounts Young Careerists Must Follow 2015
- October 2015: Winner: Best Graduate Resume and second prize Best Accounting and Finance Resume.
- September 2015: Nominated for three TORI awards: Best Executive Resume, Best Graduate Resume and Best Accounting/Finance Resume.
- August 2015: Resumes featured in Resumes for Dummies 7th Edition.
- June 2015: Recipient of one of eCollegeFinders’ Awards for “Best Career Blogs of 2015″
- February 2015: Completed training and certification as: Certified Career Enlightenment LinkedIn Writer
- January 2015: Top 100 Blogs for Software Developers
- November 2014: 2014 President’s Award Winner, Career Directors International. Award recognises voluntary contributions as a Director of CDI’s Certification Committee
- September 2014: Recognised by CareerRocketeer as one of the Top 150 Career and Leadership Blogs for 2014
- September 2014: Trained and mentored professional resume writer to secure two TORI award nominations with just two submissions entered on first attempt
- September 2014: Recognised by Your Personal Brand Name as one of the top personal brand experts internationally for 2014
- October 2013: Interviewed and quoted in the BBC Capital article for global CV writing
- February 2013: Acknowledged by LinkedIn for being in the Top 1% Most Viewed LinkedIn Profiles
- December 2012: Listed in the Top 100 Twitter Accounts Job Seekers Must Follow in 2013 by YouTern
- December 19, 2012: Listed in CareerCoPilot’s “Top 101 Career Experts all Job Seekers Should Follow on Twitter
- December 2012: Listed in the 56 Best Job Search Blog Posts for 2012 for Job Search: The Emotional Rollercoaster
- November 4, 2012: Recommended by Under30Careers as on of the “Top 60 Career Experts to Follow on Twitter”
Training and Mentorship
- September 2014: Trained and mentored professional resume writer to secure two TORI award nominations with just two submissions entered on first attempt
- 2006 to Present: Trained and mentored more than 100 professional resume writers to enrich professional development. Numerous students progressed to become accomplished writers, Certified Advanced Resume Writers, and TORI nominees.
- Associate, Career Thought Leaders
- Career Advisor, Going Global
- 2008-Present Director, International Certification Committee, Career Directors International
- 2010 Director, TORI Awards, Career Directors International
- International Advisor, Certification Committee, Association of Online Resume and Career Professionals
- International Resume Expert, and Virtual Business Expert, Association of Online Resume and Career Professionals
- Charter Member, Career Directors International
- Associate Member, Career Development Association of Australia
- Member, Career Management Alliance
- Member, Association of Online Career and Resume Professionals
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is a resume so important? They can see how good I am when they interview me!
Resumes aren’t like real life. Say we meet at a party or a business conference. We smile, we shake hands. For any reason, logical or illogical, we either instinctively like each other—or we don’t! We have had the advantage though of meeting, being seen, communicating and deciding where to go from there. Good manners stops us sneering and walking past if we’re not interested. The same doesn’t apply in the world of job seeking.
Your character, skills, experience and ability to do the job comes down to words on paper.
Words stand between you and the interview for the job of your dreams. If that document doesn’t gel, if that document is poorly presented or repetitious, then you can’t win over anyone. Your application and your dreams have been rejected, and you haven’t even met the employer!
Your resume needs to provide a powerful, attention-grabbing message; quickly and with great strength, your personal brand needs to be established. You need to convey your skills, achievements, background and qualifications to a word-weary recruiter, who has seen it all a thousand times before.
What won’t this book do for me?
Creating a resume using this book will not open doors for you by itself. Your resume, broadcast letter, or networking contact is the door opener with recruiters and hiring authorities. A good resume can help you solidify a recruiter’s initial interest, but your credentials themselves must ignite the initial curiosity, and you must ensure you have an integrated job search campaign which includes newspaper advertisements, internet searches, cold calling, and creating your own opportunities by networking among friends, associates, and industry contacts.
A good resume is not a substitute for interviewing skills or the quality of your professional network. You will focus your telephone and personal interviews primarily on your prospect and their business needs. When the conversation comes around to you and your abilities, you need to quickly and impressively illustrate your talents and accomplishments. The primary determining factors for your success will still be how well your skills match the company’s needs and how well you interview. If you are running a close race with another candidate, a good resume, cover letter and thank you letter can put you a nose ahead, but you still have to run the overall race like a winner.
In what formats can I view your book?
PS…You Need a Resume is downloaded as a PDF ebook. When you purchase, you will be sent an email with a download link to download the PDF version of the book. If the link opens in your browser, be sure to right click the document and click on the Save icon. Otherwise the book will disappear when you’ve closed your browser!
Can I get my money back if I don’t get an interview?
Job-seeking is a complex activity based on so many variables that it is impossible to guarantee a successful outcome. Having a great resume won’t necessarily get you in the door if your experience isn’t a fit, if you have worked for a company recruiters or competing employer’s don’t like, if you’re the 250th application received that day or your application is three weeks late. However, if you find you’re not getting any interviews after applying all you’ve read, send your revamped resume to Gayle and she will review your work personally to give you some extra pointers free of charge.
These guys know me, it’s just a formality (isn’t it?)
The people who recommend you are your greatest allies into getting your foot in the door. Imagine the shock on the face of the decision-makers if you walked into interview wearing a gorilla suit. Or you jogged in wearing sweats and a head band. Still have the job “in the bag” now? No, a recommendation and a call in for interview gives you a leg up, but you have to seal the deal by being and acting like a true professional. Arrive at interview with the best resume, business clothes, shoes shined and a confident attitude. Make the people who recommended you proud.
Buy and Download
Your Next Job is Waiting. Just $22
You are just minutes away from downloading your ebook.
Click here to be transferred to the author’s business site for purchase using Visa or Mastercard
The book is delivered in PDF format so can be read on: Windows PC/Pocket PC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Kindle (Amazon), Apple iPhone/iPod, Palm OS PDAs, iPhones, iPads and all devices that can display PDF files.